INCOME CERTIFICATE ONLINE
A document issued by the government which states and certifies the annual
income of an individual or his family from all the sources is called income certificate.
This document is very essential for each and every citizen of India working in any
public or private sector or either has small business or self employed.
This certificate acts as a proof of your income and your financial status and if your income is not sufficient to fulfil all your basic needs , then you can avail the benefit of various schemes granted by the state government in various fields such as educational needs, institutes have special quota reserve for economically poor candidates, scholarships, medical benefits, concession of interests in the loan, subsidized medicines, relief to victims of various calamities or various other schemes.
Government has also started EWS (economically weaker section) reservation for low income category students in various jobs and institutes. Income certificate also acts as a proof in getting EWS certificate from the concerned authority.
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE FOR INCOME CERTIFICATE??
We can apply for income certificate by both offline and online mode.
The Income Certificate online application can be done through a very simple and instant process and it has been launched to save people from the hassles of visiting the revenue office/ district magistrate office physically and wait there for a very long time just to gather the application form. Now Indian states maintain a dedicated website for the application of Income certificate.
PROCEDURE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION-
- At first, you have to visit the official online website of your state/district to apply for the income certificate. For Uttar Pradesh
- You have to create an account and register yourself on the portal, along with a username and password which is completely secured with your mobile number.
- After login to the account click on the link “Apply for income certificate”.
- You will be lead to the online application page after this.
- You will need to fill in all your personal details such as name, Date of Birth, Address (with address proofs), Gender, Details of your ID proof (Ration card/voter’s ID/Driving license/Aadhaar card/ pan card, etc), religion, caste.
- Aadhaar card is mandatory in the majority of the states as it identifies a person uniquely and curbs fraudulent claims because it is more reliable.
- Income details based on the Income-tax return, salary slip by the employer, or other proofs of income are required.
- When all these details are filled, you will be directed to upload documents against your address proof, income proof, and other documents as deemed necessary and save all these details.
- Choose your preferred mode of payment and make the statutory payment.
- An acknowledgment slip, with an acknowledgment number, will then be generated. You can use this number to check the status of your online income certificate application.
- The certificate will be issued within 10-15 days after the submission of your application.